Thursday, May 26, 2011

 

Rush

The Band, Rush. They played the O2 in London last night and I was there. I've been a fan since 1980 when two things happened.
Firstly Tommy Vance played two tracks from the soon to be released Rush album 'Moving Pictures'. The tracks were Red Barchetta and Limelight. It's fair to say that I was blown away by the musicianship and lyrics. I had to find out more about them. On Monday at school I spoke to Stephen Hanlon and asked if he'd listened. He had; and this is the second thing; he lent me two albums. Permanent Waves and 2112. I was hooked within moments of listening.
Last night was special as Rush played the entire Moving Pictures album live. Geddy Lee even commented that it was 30 years ago. THIRTY YEARS! Imagine if someone like the Beatles (bear with me here) were able to play something like Sergeant Pepper in 1997; or Oasis play (What's The Story) Morning Glory in 2025. This says everything about the longevity of this trio, something that none of today's bands will achieve.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?