Saturday, September 09, 2006

 

Saturday 9th September

Last night went according to plan. I had a quick meal in a cafe on the pedestrian area, and on the way back stopped for a couple of beers. I was in bed by 11.30pm, and the alarm woke me at 9.00am this morning. I found out that everyone else went to a nightclub, with a couple of people getting absolutely shit-faced in an unable to stand kind of way. I'm glad I missed out, as I'm not as young as I once was, and find it increasingly hard to drink loads and recover quickly in the morning. I woke up this morning with a hard lump in between my 3rd and 4th toe on my right foot. It's a pale yellow colour and looks a bit like a spot but is harder to the touch. I've no scissors with me to try and break it, so I'll have to wait until I get home. It's a bit uncomfortable to walk on, but not too painful. Stay tuned for more updates.
I had a shower, and flooded the bathroom again. If only the brick lip was a foot further out, the curtain would hang well inside it and all the water would be contained. Apparently, the hotel has only been recently built - especially for tonight's event - and overall there is very little to complain about with it. The women who work in the bar are very nice to look at, with fantastic bodies, and long nails which are real, not the stick on stuff everyone seems to have back in the UK.
Went out this morning with a couple of the guys who were doing some filming. The only downside was that we were a out for a bit longer than I thought, and eventually got to work at 2.30pm. I'd had a phone call at about 11.45am asking when I'd be in, and I said about 1.00pm. 2.00pm passed, and when I went back to the car, I'd had two missed calls. I rang back explaining that we'd been to the supermarket to get lunch for everyone, and would be in at about 2.30pm. And I was. I had to do a quick thing for him, and was then finished for a few hours. At least I won't be clocking up too many hours overtime today, which will keep him happy. My working hours are a bit strange - any hours more than 8 worked in a day are counted as overtime, and any consecutive days worked past 5 are also overtime. I had Monday off so this is day 5, which means that I'll get paid overtime for travelling home tomorrow - fantastic!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?