Friday, September 08, 2006

 

If only they'd said

Got up and had a shower. Flooded the bathroom due to a shit design. Shower built into the corner with a six inch high brick lip and shower curtain that hangs down, leaving a gap at the bottom. And of course, there's nothing to stop the curtains blowing outwards thereby pissing water all over the floor.
Breakfast was interesting. No choice, but cold toast, something which was later identified as a russian salad, and savoury pancakes which were quite nice.
Found out why were were in the hotel - it's a five minute walk to the track.
Apparently there's an official function tonight (some kind of formal reception), but seeing as I've bought nothing remotely formal to wear, I won't be going as I'll stand out like a spare prick at a wedding. I do wish I'd get told these things sometimes. I'll see who else isn't going and if I'm the only one, I'll get something quick to eat and have an early night. I woke up at 7.30am this morning (5.30am uk time)! I'm never awake that early at home, but in a strange bed, I always seem to wake early. It'll also be nice to wake up with a clear head. I got a bit the worse for wear in the Czech Republic two weeks ago, and was a bit rough in the morning. I'd quite like to get up and have a walk around tomorrow morning as I won't have to start work until about 1.00pm. Easy life, you say? But I won't finish until about 11.30pm so it's not such an easy life!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?