Tuesday, January 11, 2005

 

Fancy a tipple ?

I frequently do, Majestic not being a million miles away, and I thought I'd share a decent website for any cheapskates out there who fancy a cut price bottle or two.
http://www.quaffersoffers.co.uk/ is a cool site which lists all wine on offer at supermarkets over the next couple of months. There are also tasting columns which are useful if you want a recommendation. I can also recommend a EuroTunnel trip to Majestic in Calais. I've been on a late afternoon trip two or three times now, and the last cost me £29.00. Visit http://www.eurotunnel.com/ukcmain to book, and enter DTLAIN in the promotion code. You have to leave after 3pm and return the same day, but if you order on line ahead of time, the order will be there for you to pick up. I've got it down to a fine art now, so including a trip to Auchan (a local supermarket) and collecting the wine I can be in and out in around 2 hours 30. I think that's quite enough time to spend in France, don't you?

Now, where's me corkscrew . . .

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?